Accessories matter! They can definitely help bring out your outfit and pull it all together. Even the least stylish person can turn a simple look into a smashing look just by adding a cute statement necklace or some bangles. Turning a boring look into a eye catching outfit is super easy. Trust me, I do it all the time.
Whether you're a loyal reader or a newbie, if you go back over the last 50 post, you'll see that accessories are a huge part of my wardrobe. For instance, today's look would have been okay with just this striped shirt and red track pants, however, I wanted to take this look up a few notches - which is wear the accessories come in. My accessories of choice in today's look is a belt, a statement necklace, some arm candy and a clutch.
Inspired by the colors in my statement necklace (because black is too easy and predictable) I opted for a non-traditional color choice by going with a turquoise belt instead of black. It's such an unexpected color combo, but it works right? And I already said I like being extra, which is why I wore this neon yellow box clutch.
Did you know that, while necessary, shoes can definitely be considered an accessory? A super cute shoe like these loafer mules with bow detail is also an outfit game changer. Wearing the right shoes can make or break your look. Accessorizing is an art, but you don't have to be an artist to know how to paint. If you can master putting the right accessories together, you'll have no issues looking awesome in whatever you wear.
The next time you're out shopping don't forget to stop by the accessory section. Here's a list of pieces you might consider picking up...
- A pair of earrings. They can be longer, medium sized or studs / Solid colored or multicolored
- A bold or colorful statement necklace, long or short in length. You can even layer 2 or 3 different necklaces (just make sure they compliment each other and your look)
- Bracelets can be layered as well. Try mixing different colors, shapes and textures
- Add a belt, play with different colors and widths
- Add pops of color. Whether it's a clutch or your shoes
- My fave.... A dope pair of frames
These are just a few tips on how to accessorize your look. Are you into accessorizing your outfit? I hope this look inspires you to step outside the box.