Every year I swear Christmas sneaks up on me and this year is no different. And even less than a week away, I haven't bought not one Christmas present. But I'm so unbothered...
I'm so weird when it comes to food that my husband always asks me what I want for dinner, because I almost never want to eat what he wants to eat. So to make up for all my "I don't know what I want to eat moments" I brought hubs along for dinner at Twelve Eighty. Guys, this experience was one for the books. I loved the space, especially the large mirrored orbs on the wall. The staff was very friendly and professional. They almost had me feeling like a celebrity.
Located on Sifly Piazza between the Memorial Arts Building and the High Museum in Midtown, this restaurant is one that you need to add to your "must visit" list. Just recently they introduced new items to their fall menu which consists of local, farm to fork offerings for everyone. This includes my veggie and vegan friends. Be sure to check out their full menu.
Attending on a media invite, we were able to taste all the new items on their fall menu, including the suggested cocktail. I'm not sure if I want to admit this, but I'm kinda like a kid when it comes to food. If it doesn't look or smell good, I'm not touching or tasting it. But guys, everything they brought out was beautifully presented. It was the sound of forks hitting plates, that let you know that the food was delicious.
My faves were:
- Pimento Deviled Eggs -- Pimento Cheese, Apple-Wood Smoked Bacon, Fresh Herbs and Smoked Chilli Cream over a bed of mixed greens and pomegranate
- Crusted Ahi Tuna Nicoise Salad -- Field Greens, Peruvian Purple & Fingerling Potatoes, Tiny Beans, Blistered Grape Tomato, Fresh Radishes, Egg, Nicoise Pesto, Citrus Vinigraigrette
- The “High Museum” Pastrami -- Shaved Pastrami, House Made Slaw, Gruyere Cheese, 1000 Island Dressing and Marble Rye
- Shrimp & Andouille Skillet -- Logan Turnpike Jalapeno & Sweet Corn Stone Ground Grits, Spicy Andouille, Shrimp, Pickled Okra
- Roasted Turkey & Pepper Jack -- Golden Farms Organic Turkey, Apple-Wood Smoked Bacon, Sundried Tomato Aioli, Arugula on Ciabatta Bread
After indulging in all the scrumptiousness, I barely had enough room for dessert. There were three: Classic Creme Brulee, Almond Tres Leches Cake and Pots De Creme Chocolate Pudding.